Job descriptionI am seeking a Commercial Officer working for a central defence government client on a contract of 160 days inside IR35 in Salisbury with an active SC clearance.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Working within a commercial team to deliver programme objectives.
• Supporting colleagues to achieve targets in relevant timescales.
• Developing successful working relationships with external suppliers.
• Contributing to procurement and contract strategies.
• Compiling and issuing tenders as well as administering contract amendments.
• Providing commercial advice and guidance to the wider business.
• Ensuring all procurement activities are within budget and all activity undertaken is in line with government regulations and best practice.
• Security Clearance: SC – SOLE BRITISH NATIONALS ONLY.
• Ensure Value for Money of various Digital Projects across 3 portfolios of work.
• Write appropriate commercial and procurement strategies for each project.
• Use a range of EU compliant procurement routes and tools as appropriate.
• Draft Tender documentation as appropriate.
• Make use of effective procurement approaches and processes.
• Provide direct support and advice as appropriate, including acting as the 'advisor' on issues such as commercial approaches, evaluation processes and negotiation strategies.
• Personal responsibility for quality and integrity of data input into corporate systems
• Commercial responsibility for business cases from Strategic case through to full business case.
• Support the SCM with the delivery of ad-hoc requests for support that may arise from time to time.
• Software Licence assurance – desirable.
• Previous IT / Digital Contracting experience – desirable.