Safe and sensible - our approach to health & safety
At SERT, we believe strongly that the health and wellbeing of our teams, clients and others around us is a priority. We have developed a positive health and safety culture, where safe and healthy working becomes second nature to everyone.
SERT has created a safety campaign to help create a safe working environment.
Aims of ‘Safe and sensible’:
- To provide safe workplaces for everyone - all our staff, those who work on our behalf and anyone who comes into contact with our business
- To carry out our work in a safe and sensible manner
- To embed working safely and sensibly in our culture. This means that our people take personal responsibility and accountability for their safety and that of others
Simple principles of safe and sensible:
- Be aware – of hazards and risks
- Take care – make sure you are fit and well, be mindful of yourself and others
- Be sensible – make sure you have the right equipment and tools, you know how to do the task at hand and you don’t take unnecessary risks, change your plan if you need to
- Report back – any near misses or incidents so we can learn from them and prevent them in future
These simple principles reflect the fact that everyone has a right to work in safe and healthy conditions and our aim to ensure people are working safely and sensibly at all times.