Taking 6 months to complete, the Level 4 Award in Domestic Retrofit Assessment is an eLearning course aimed at built environment professionals and those with prior experience in retrofit.
This course will teach you the essential skills of Retrofit Assessment, such as carrying out appraisals, determining the condition of a home, identifying constraints on a building, carrying out surveys and providing reports.
Course modules include:
- - PAS 2035 and Retrofit Assessments
- - Context of Dwellings
- - Assessing the Condition of a Dwelling and Recording Any Defects
- - The Requirements of Occupancy Assessments
- - Ventilation Requirements of a Dwelling
- - Energy Performance of a Dwelling
- - Significance of a Dwelling
- - Retrofit Assessment Reports
- - Retrofit Advice to Customers
You will be taught and submit your assessments via The Retrofit Academy Learner Management System, and a peer learning element will be included through virtual boot camps supported by tutors.
There will also be a virtual assessment of a property followed by the completion of a report, using a Retrofit Academy template.
The minimum requirement for study is a Level 3 Domestic Energy Assessor qualification.