Taught across four days, this course is aimed at gas engineers and plumbers seeking to develop their practical and theoretical knowledge of Air Source Heat Pumps.
The installation and maintenance component of this course covers:
- Health and safety
- Regional legislation and requirements
- Safe electrical isolation
- Relevant factors during installation
- Filling and flushing requirements
- Appliance installation
- Checks and procedures
- Fault finding
- Practical servicing and commissioning
The design component of this course covers:
- Sizing of systems and selection of components
- Relevant legislation
- Ground source collector circuit design and sizing
- Open and closed loop systems
- Heating circuit design requirements
- Heat emitters and low temperature hot water system design
Our experienced trainers and assessors are ready and available throughout to provide you with support. By the end of this course, you will be confident in the design and practical handling of heat pumps.
At SERT we pride ourselves in a quick turnaround with our awarding body. We assure no delays in your Gas Safe registration and course certification.Before attending you will need an existing certificate demonstrating your competence with unvented hot water appliances and Water Regulations, no longer than 6-months beyond its expiry date.